The Product Manager will be responsible for product management and planning activities for the rapidly expanding Performance Center portfolio. This role will report to the Senior Product Director for Performance Center and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, product development, and our customers. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to successfully translate key market insights into market requirements to drive the advancement of the Performance Center portfolio. This individual will be involved in new product development process, identifying market opportunities, developing and refining market requirements, and managing several aspects of product development activities.
* Responsible for developing and refining detailed market requirements based on key market insights obtained through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and collaboration with other subject matter experts * Works collaboratively with the product development team throughout the product development process to provide market/customer insights, evaluate trade-off decisions, and to ultimately ensure detailed marketing requirements are successfully translated into detailed product requirements * Responsible for the design, development, and coordination of product launch activities * Interfaces effectively and establishes quick credibility and confidence with: customers, product development, operations, manufacturing and other internal stakeholders * Manages the process for collecting feedback on new product features and enhancements from various internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the feedback is successfully translated into marketing requirements and prioritized appropriately with the product development * Works closely with fellow Product Managers and Marketing Managers to develop clear forward-looking product integration strategies and eliminate duplicate development efforts
* Develops a deep understanding of market segments and customer needs and effectively translates to clear marketing requirements for product development * Delivers both internal and external presentations on the status and future strategies for the product(s) * Tracks competitive products and develops strategies to counter competitive strengths and exploit competitor weaknesses * Has strong analytical abilities and a solid understanding of the P&L to develop strategies and programs to drive increases in revenue and profits * Collaborates with other Product Managers on the development of proposed products and determining market priorities during strategic and operations planning cycles * Works closely with other Product Managers to develop clear forward-looking product integration strategies and to eliminate duplicate development efforts * Understands and encourages the use of his/her product as part of total solution offering within different geographies and market segments
* Provides business case justification for new product ideas and improvements for the product line * Responsible for the Marketing Requirements Document for all products in development * Selects customer features and functions for development and helps product development prioritize features and functions for product releases * Works cross functionally with the project team on customer needs, market issues, competitive issues, etc. * Works with product development team on the validation and verification process including site selection, execution, etc. * Develops product transition/end-of-life strategies
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to obtain a deep understanding of customer workflows and unmet needs * Experience working cross-functionally in new product development process developing business cases, marketing requirements and coordinating product launch activities * Demonstrated strong understanding of company business to determine and deliver products and releases with high impact to revenue and income goals * Strong communication and leadership skills essential for delivering results * Works well with downstream teams and customers to understand and appropriately respond to market and business needs * Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders * Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and effectively prioritize to achieve optimal results * Demonstrated critical thinking skills, the ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions * Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results * A self-starter who is able to work independently * Proficiency on personal computers specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.
* Bachelor degree * 5+ years of product management/marketing experience and/or healthcare system product field experience * 2+ years of working with a cross-functional team of hardware and software engineers in an Agile environment.
* MBA degree * Demonstrable knowledge of hospital pharmacy operations * 8+ years of product management experience developing products and services. * 2+ years of healthcare software and services experience