Director of Accounting - Management Reporting and Consolidation
Will lead and manage the daily operations of the corporate accounting team. The candidate must be hands on, takes ownership and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to establish credibility and facilitate an effective working relationship with a wide range of Company representatives. Other critical skills include sound business judgment, project management skills, calibrating, advice and strategy based on the company's risk tolerance, strong organization and prioritization/time management skills, attention to detail, goal and team orientation, drive process improvement and the ability to develop relationships with a variety of people at different levels and functions throughout the Company. This is a high visibility role with great opportunities to make a meaningful and immediate impact.
* Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, including teams activities to ensure effective communication, collaboration with other areas of the organization. * Manage global consolidation of results across 20+ legal entities and oversight on chart of accounts. * Manage daily and period FX rate processes and monitor compliance with current FX policies. * Managing the Monthly and Quarterly Close: Drive the overall accounting close process in an efficient and effective manner and prepare and manage consolidated flux analysis for financial statements. * Understanding of the business and connecting it with actual results to help influence and drive better overall company results. * Partner with other finance functions like revenue, tax, FP&A, business unit finance and treasury functions for monthly/quarterly close activities and process improvements. * Partner with IT on system change requests, timely resolution of close/reporting issues, along with continuous improvement initiatives, system enhancements and/or changes. * Serve as primary GL team's liaison for the internal and external auditors. * Assist in preparation and review of quarterly audit committee packages such as preparation and managing the consolidation flux analysis. * Manage, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel who might be geographically dispersed. * Review of disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team. * Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment. * Updating/develop, manage and implementing corporate financial policies to ensure current GAAP. * Oversee any non-recurring projects like optimization of ERP * Support or manage other ad-hoc projects
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, foreign currency issues, month end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, internal reporting & analytics, and working with external auditors. * Deep knowledge of US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues. * Strong leadership, strong analytical skills and project management skills. * International experience and prior experience in managing global financial monthly close process is preferred. * Ability to work on cross functional activities and form solid business relationships. * Proven close process improvement experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance * 8 + years of accounting experience in a public accounting firm, publically traded company, or other large international organization * 4 + years of experience leading a team of accounting professionals * Demonstrable ERP experience
* Master's Degree * SAP experience * Prior experience (leading or being heavily involved) with accounting ERP implementation * 5+ years in public accounting in an International firm * CPA or CPA candidate
Travel: up to 20%
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.